Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Time to say goodbye...

to the rubble in our garden! Yipee

So - last weekend we finally ordered a skip for the big pile of rubble in our back garden. There was so much of it that I was convinced one skip wouldn't be enough. However I obviously underestimated the German packing and loading skills. My humble apologies...

One skip delivered
The Canadian workforce drafted in to help (although some say they are Mexican and go by the name of Manuel Labor)
As I was not allowed to help with the heavy lifting I had nothing else to do but document the local wildlife. Can you see it in the middle of the picture? Eugh...entire families of them live in our garden (and I guess our house, but I try not to think about that too much).

Trying to remember where all this stuff came from???
Starting to fill up
All the rubble is in
Only the wood to fit in now:
Nearly full up, just enough space for the final load
Boarding completed. ;o)
Done and dusted.
Oh and did I mention that all of the above was done in the sweltering midday heat? I was sweaty and tired just from watching.
But the reward was so worth it.
 Doesn't look like the same place now does it?

THANK YOU ESTHER & PAUL

3 comments:

  1. That spider looks pretty big. Yuk! I think you need a cat to protect you. I also heard that it is possible to plug a device into an outlet that will keep insects and mice out of the house using high pitch (something that human ears can't hear.)
    Congratulations to Esther and Paul on moving that mountain of rubble and old wood. The patio looks very nice cleaned up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nix mehr los hier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja, die Spinne sieht echt sehr groß aus!
    Ich habe euern Blog doch noch gefunden und bin echt sprachlos...enorm, was ihr in den letzten Monaten geschafft habt. Respekt!
    Werd jetzt öfter mal nach Neuigkeiten ausschau halten :)
    Liebe Grüße, Fabian

    ReplyDelete