Ta-dah! We finally have somewhere to store all our shoes and coats. Yay!!! Check out the coat hanger rack - we made it ourselves from cheap coat hangers and a spare plank of our lovely oak flooring. I saw the idea in a design magazine somewhere a long time ago (before we started work on the house I think) and thankfully kept the picture for inspiration. With 14 hooks you'd think we'd have loads of space for all our coats, jackets, hats, etc, but as you can see it's already looking pretty full. But once the winter coats are stored for the summer we should be all right. I'm so pleased with the end result. My late grandfather's barometer found a perfect spot next to the front door and our dear friend Ida's drawing of the 'Slouchy People' seemed just right as a welcoming image as you enter: Come in, make yourself comfortable and slouch on the couch. :)
Dara, Paul & Aneira
Nice! And so clever! You've created such a lovely home. Ha Ha, had forgotten about that drawing! :)
ReplyDelete