Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Spring make-over

I know it's June, but the weather and temperature feel a lot more like spring than early summer so I feel justified in my use of title. 

The object of the spring make-over is our house of course, but the exterior this time! Woohoo, we are finally giving it a lick of fresh paint. And when I say fresh, I mean Lemon Chiffon kind of fresh. 

Paul has hired a spray can for the week which should make the job easier. Hand painting pebble dash is quite a lot of work and I am grateful we only need to do that around the edges! Unfortunately the free labour we had been hoping for over the jubilee weekend wasn't called in due to lots of rain and therefore a delay in starting this project. So it'll be left to Paul and me to do it all, with the help of our apprentice of course. ;o) But we don't mind, painting is such gratifying work with instant results. 

The interior meanwhile feels like an aquarium because of the green plastic covering we have put over the windows and doors. Slightly surreal...

Spray can
Compressor
Work in progress
Brightening up the front
Still a way to go...
Indoor aquarium

2 comments: