Happy weekend everyone! Not sure how the weather is where you are, but here in England it's cold! We have some snow and it generally really feels like winter. Which is not a bad thing if you don't have to travel anywhere and can enjoy snowball fights with your neighbours. ;)
So I bet you've been dyeing to know how the build has progressed this week. The answer is: brilliantly! The builders worked really hard despite the cold and managed to get the roof on just as snow was beginning to fall. It is incredible to see the progress that has taken place in just four days. And the best part is that the only 'work' I had to do was making tea and coffee to keep them warm. :) See for yourself:
As always proper tools are the key to a job well done.
Working hard, but...
The cedar cladding on the last picture makes it look almost finished.
Of course there is still a lot more to do and I won't quite get away with just making tea. The builders will return sometime next week to finish off the walls (insulating and damp proofing them) and floor as well as pull in cables for the electricity. The roof also needs to be insulated and covered in rubber. Then there are more windows to fit to the back and side of the building as well as cover the other three sides of the studio in spruce cladding. There will be an internal wall and door separating the storage room from my work room. Once the builders have left I will have to put up wallpaper on the walls of the studio, connect plug sockets and then work with Paul and our electrician of choice 'Meister Max' to hook up the studio to the main electricity from the house. We are also installing lighting that will be bright enough for me to work at night. Once all of that is completed there is then the small matter of moving all my stuff over. This will involve actually finding where I have hidden my stuff for the past few years, planning sufficient storage, making up a new pattern cutting table, and sorting through stuff before I bring it in! Phew, and I am planning to have all this done by mid - end February. One lives in hope.
Dara x
What does it look like now? :)
ReplyDelete