Friday, 8 February 2013

Studio Build Update No 2

Hello - sorry for the delayed update. It's been a bit busy round here and that's before we even talk about the studio! As you can see from the pictures below a lot has happened: the walls have been clad, insulated with rockwool, celotex and a fancy silver bubble wrap type material, the final windows have gone in, the frames have been trimmed in cedar, the electrical wires have been pulled in to our specifications, the internal wall has been created, the walls of the small storage room have been clad and the walls of the large room have been finished with chipboard and plasterboard ready for me to wallpaper. The ceiling has been clad in white washed pine cladding, .... Nearly there! We are currently waiting for new floor boards as the batch that was intended for our build was bad, we also need a bit more cedar cladding to finish the front, finally the heatpump and rain gutters will be fitted. At some point we will also have wooden decking in front of the studio, which will really finish off the whole look (and make access easier). So although it is taking longer than anticipated (I guess all builds do?) I should still be in by the end of the month. Fingers crossed. I see many trips to IKEA in my immediate future! 
Tomorrow Meister Max arrives to connect up the studio to the house electricity supply and to fit a fancy track lighting system that should provide ample light for my needs. So by the end of next week there should be a massive transformation from building site to near finished building. Stay tuned!

Have a great weekend, especially those of you that are moving house and starting on your own renovation works. (You know who you are. ;))

Dara xx








 For a while the building looked a bit like a spaceship





 The internal door will be fitted once the flooring is completed.
 I love the extra windows on the left side. They let in the Western light and make use of a gap in the neighbour's foliage.

1 comment:

  1. It Looks Amazing!! I know who ot get when I buy my house, to do the interior decorating and the design!

    Great Job Guys!!

    Johannes Prins

    ReplyDelete