Monday, 18 February 2013

Studio Update No.3

As I had mentioned in my last post Meister Max was about to return to wire up the studio. And in true style he did so with perfection and attention to detail. Below you can see the consumer unit in our house. The bottom right hand corner shows the cable that supplies the studio with electricity and you can see an electricity metre that will allow me to monitor exactly how much electricity my work is using. As always the cable was hidden in a channel in the wall and then brought outside where it runs around the house to the back corner. Paul and Max had to dig the trench for the cable in terribly muddy conditions as it was raining and snowing all day! While they were working outside I got on with filling in all the screw holes on the plaster board and once dry sanding them down to a smooth finish. Max then helped me to wallpaper the walls before we put up the track lights together. The lights are better than I could have ever imagined. The entire system is just so clever and bright. There is a huge variety of spotlights that can clip into the track and you can then adjust which lightswitch controls which spotlight. If I find that I need more lights I can simply purchase more, clip them in where I want them and that's it. Light fitted. It doesn't get easier than that to hang up a lamp! And did I mention that they look brilliant? Everyone that has seen them so far has been totally impressed. :)
Anyway, enough chatter. Take a look at the pictures below. I'll talk you through the different stages you can see.

 New electricity cable and metre.
 Messy!
 We couldn't have worked as we did without Expert Esther's babysitting.
 Cable laid underground.
The cable comes up at the corner of the house and runs around and below the edge of the pebble dash.
 Practical Paul and Meister Max at work.
 Connecting up the new consumer unit in the studio.
Neat as usual.
 Meanwhile I was filling screw holes and plaster board joins.

 Lots of 'em!

 Finally the first length of wallpaper can go up!
 Working our way around.
 What a difference white walls make.

 And we have light! (Warm spot lighting...
 ...and cool daylight fluorescent tubes)
And Meister Max even wired up some external spot lights when he'd finished the inside!
 Some internal shots of the track lights...
 ...
 ...
I love the light patterns on the wall.
 The finished storage side.
 The finished studio side.
 Internal door connecting the two sections.
 Another view of the track light.
 The proud carpenters.

What an amazing project this has been and although it is not quite finished as I have not yet moved in I can't shout loud enough about the excellent quality from start to finish that I received from Nordic Wood - especially Dan the Cabin Man and Johan his brilliant team mate. They are certainly wood working superheroes extraordinaire. Go on - leave them a comment with your thoughts. I will be sharing this post with them. 

This is one happy customer signing out.
Dara

No comments:

Post a Comment