Sunday, 7 March 2010

Paul the Plumber

The final job to be done at the house before the plasterer could start was to sort out the plumbing in the bathroom, as well as laying pipes for the washing machine underneath the stairs. All of the pipes in the bathroom were running along the wall, but as we had already taken up the floorboards it only made sense to reroute them under the floor. I'm not sure I was prepared for the amount of time this took - somehow I thought it would take a few hours, not all day! But anyway, Paul did a great job and I helped by cutting pipes to size and removing the sink.

We successfully completed the plumbing in the bathroom and moved on to soldering together the pipes for the washing machine where I unfortunately had a disagreement with some liquid (e.g. hot, very hot) soldering tin. I think it's fair to say that I lost the argument, although it could have been a lot worse. As it is the house has simply branded me lest I should ever forget the blood, sweat & tears that go into a renovation of this magnitude.
I should also mention that I am lucky to have a sister that just had a major knee operation and hence was able to share her amazing scar healing cream with me which has already reduced the swelling and scarring a lot. Thanks babe!

2 comments:

  1. OUCH!OUCH!OUCH! Poor you. :o(
    Everything looks impressive though. It's amazing what you seem to just grow into when you're faced with all that work. I think a few months ago you would proably not have just happily launched yourselves into a full-on plumbing job. It looks great and I'm impressed that you're keeping up your morale. It looks so daunting in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Just looking at the pictures makes me shiver! With all the work you have been doing, I am glad there haven't been more injuries!!

    ReplyDelete