Saturday, 13 March 2010

Plastered!

Well, I know it's Saturday night, but it's really not me that's plastered, honest. I'm just uploading some pictures as promised. :o)
Before:
After:


Don't be put off by the patchy look of the walls - the plaster is in the process of drying and some parts dry quicker than others. The light coloured wall you can see adjoins the neighbor's house, so that's why it has dried quicker than the outside facing ones.

Here are some more pictures:

Before:

After:






That's all folks - i'm tired and we've got another busy day ahead, prepping the ground floor for its plaster make-over. Good night!

4 comments:

  1. Oh - I almost forgot. The great thing about the plaster is also that it seals away all that old lead paint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That really looks impressive; it looks like you made the right choice in the person who has done the work. Hope things went well today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Verrry impressive, Dara and Paul!! All the meticulousness and focus on quality in the electrics, plumbing and levelling the ceiling. (I hope the ceilings been so off kilter doesn't point to the foundations settling). And the plastering really makes the shift from gutting to redecorating the place. Are you going to paint or wallpaper the rooms?
    all the best
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want to paint straight onto the plaster, that's why it is so important to get a good finish. I'm looking forward to getting some paint on the walls, but won't be able to do that until late March/ early April as the plaster has to dry first.

    ReplyDelete