Tuesday, 2 March 2010

What a difference 5 days make

Finally the leap we've been waiting for has arrived! Max, Paul's brother, arrived last Wednesday to rewire the house for and with us and so we took some days off work so that we could be there 5 days in a row. It's amazing how much we were able to get done and it feels great to have reached the rebuilding stage!


We already knew the wiring in the house was not safe, as even a direct water leak into a light switch didn't trip the fuse, however a nail straight through a wire?! I'm so glad we now have modern, up to standard wiring with a new earthing rod and modern fuses. Have a look at the before and after pictures below, I think they sum it up nicely:
I admit that I'm a bit of a neat freak, so the new consumer unit ticks all my boxes. :o)

And not only did we get the entire house rewired, we even were able to get new plasterboard up in the kitchen and living room, ready for plastering!


And if that wasn't enough we finally finally finally took out the wall which used to house the electricity metre, opening the living room into one space. Sigh - so happy with the results.

And Demolition Dara strikes again...



No comments:

Post a Comment